Freight forwarders play a vital role in the movement of goods from one place to another.
We act as essential go-betweens in the import/export process and provide assistance to individuals, commercial organisations, importers and exporters who need help facilitating their international trading operations.
Novis Logistics is looking for a candidate that can showcase his/her skills and many talents, that has passion for this industry and this job and does not despise to work hard when is needed, but always respecting and maintaining well balanced relationship between personal and work life.
Position: Starting as Permanent Part Time (Full time position will be considered at a later stage)
Location: Ascot Vale – VIC
Salary: To be discussed during interview based on the candidate
Daily Duties will Include:
- Receiving and reviewing shipment pre-alerts and documentation for both Sea Freight and Air Freight covering FCL, LCL and FAK’s.
- Experienced in all facets of Air and Sea Imports such as Invoicing, Underbond Movements, Outturns, chasing Commercial Documents and presenting them for Customs Clearance.
- Complete all invoicing related functions within required time frames, including approving Overseas Debit / Credit notes
- Liaising with Consignee’s, Coloaders, Shipping Lines, Airlines and Overseas Agents.
- Process payments and collect EDO’s, handover of EDO’s to cartage company’s or Brokers.
- Monitor cargo availability and transhipment cargo to ensure prompt reporting and notifications are adhered too.
- Liaising with Shipping Lines, Freight Forwarders, Overseas agents, Customers, Suppliers and internal Staff.
- Monitor and update status reports
- Minimum of 3 years experience within Freight Forwarding industry with a strong will in wanting to learn more and more
- Well groomed and well presented
- Ability to adhere to company policies, processes, procedures and customer requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Being a responsible and hardworking person that takes ownership and pride in his/her work
- Customer service orientated
- Must be a team player with a friendly and vibrant personality
- Strong computer literacy (i.e. EDI Enterprise, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise and meet set deadlines
- Applicant must be well spoken and have the ability to lead by example as well as prioritise and follow through with tasks.
- Enjoy working in a young and growing organisation
- Eager to learn the other aspects of the import and export areas within the industry
- Capable to work autonomously
- Willing to go that extra mile to do things right
- Have fun and enjoy the time at work
Non mandatory but well regarded attributes:
• Interested into sales and accounts management.
• Have a Customs broker licence or be a compiler/classifier
• Speak a second language
If you fit all of the above and more, please send us your CV and cover-letter
Important: The candidate must give his/her 100% availability to work full time for the month of January 2018
**This position is only for Australian residents**
|Ascot Vale 3032 VIC
|Novis Logistics Solutions Pty Ltd